Dr Elizabeth (Bess) Moylan, BAppSc, PhD, GradDip VET
Madsen Building (F09), Rm 452
Phone: +61 2 9036 7883
Fax: +61 2 9351 3644
Elizabeth is an Honorary Associate in the School of Geosciences at the University of Sydney. She is currently working on the 'Living with Heritage' Australian Research Council grant involving research at the world heritage site at Angkor in Cambodia. Her research interests include spatio-temporal mapping of landscape change and the spatial representation of cultural landscapes for Heritage and Conservation management.
Selected Publications and Presentations
- "From 'caring' to clearing: A GIS approach to understanding cultural change and its impact on the Sydney landscape." Electronic Cultural Atlas Initiative, June 2001 conference, Sydney 2001 June 12th -16th
- "Landscape History: Temporal Mapping and Historical Periods" GeoComputing 2001 Conference, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, September 20th - 23rd.
- "Developing Spatial Representations of Cultural Landscape Elements to support the conceptualization of Intangible Heritage: A case study at Angkor World Heritage Site”. Angkor: Landscape, City, Temple, 2006 Conference, Sydney, NSW, Australia, July 18th 21st.
- Itami, R., Bruce E., and Moylan E., "Investigating Patterns of Visitor Usage Within the Angkor World Heritage Site through the Application of Agent Based Modeling" Angkor: Landscape, City, Temple, 2006 Conference, Sydney, NSW, Australia, July 18th - 21st.
- Bruce E. and Moylan E. "Developing Spatial Representations of CulturalLandscape Elements to Support the Conceptualization of Intangible Heritage: A Case Study at Angkor World Heritage Site" Angkor: Landscape, City, Temple, 2006 Conference, Sydney, NSW, Australia, July 18th - 21st.
- Moylan, E. "A Framework for Cultural Heritage Monitoring at the World Heritage Site of Angkor, Cambodia", Conference Proceedings for Asian Approaches to Conservation. Research Conference of the UNESCO-ICCROM Asian Academy for Heritage Management. 3-5 October 2006 Published by Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
- Moylan,E. "A Review of methods used to Visualise Landscape Change patterns". International Assocation of Landscape Ecology, World Congress July 8-12th 2007, Wageningen, Netherlands.